Guest blogging is a great way to collaborate and engage with fellow bloggers across the global blogosphere. I’ve written as a guest blogger on many sites and have welcomed many guest bloggers onto my site.
Here are some of the benefits guest blogging can make to you and your blog success.
1. Gain more traffic
A key benefit of guest blogging is gaining more traffic to each other’s blogs. For instance, if you publish a guest blog post on my blog, you can include a link to your blog and social media channels that my readers can visit.
Then vice-versa, if I publish a guest blog post on your blog and include my link and social media channels, your readers can follow me.
In addition, if we publish a guest blog on each other’s blog and share it on our own social media platforms, our followers will view the link and maybe discover more content from the host’s blog and may gain new followers.
2. Discover other bloggers on social media threads
Another way you can discover new bloggers to collaborate with is on social media blog groups where bloggers are seeking and inviting guest bloggers to feature on their blog.
There may be designated guest blog threads or just a single person posting a call out for guest bloggers.
These are just some of the bloggers Facebook groups available:
- Bloggers Promotion
- Bloggers Supporting Bloggers
- Blogging Network
- Blog Attitude
- Blogger Opportunities
- Blogging For New Bloggers
3. Add extra content
Another benefit of having guest blogs is there maybe times you’re too busy to publish your own content or stuck for new ideas.
Therefore, if you usually have a blogging schedule (e.g every Monday & Friday) but don’t have any original content for Friday, then you could publish a guest post that has already been sent to you or request guest bloggers to pitch ideas to you to fill that gap in your schedule.
4. Learn more about your niches
It’s important to include guest bloggers who have a similar niche to you so your readers will be interested. For example, my niches are disability and music. Therefore, I tend to invite bloggers who are disabled or write about disability, musicians or people who write about music.
What’s great about this is you get to meet people of similar interest and learn about their lifestyles, skills and talents. I particularly like learning about people’s different disabilities and how they adapt and deal with them.
5. Types of guest blogs
I’ve usually come across two types of guest blogs – original content that has a unique story or exclusive information and interview style guest blogs where the blog host questions the guest blogger about their lives. I’ve done a series of both over the years.
These are the original content guest blog posts I’ve published –
- Mainstream vs Specialist Education | Guest Blog on Little Sea Bear
- 10 facts about CP | Guest Blog on My Beautiful Trauma
- 10 perks of being a disabled person | Guest Blog on Chelsea Munoz Blog
- Mobility Aids | Guest Blog on Brains on Wheels
- 5 Inaccessible Dilemmas for Wheelchair Users on Train Journeys | Guest Blog on Wayfinding
- 6 mobility aids and equipment for physiotherapy | Guest Blog on My Mobility Guide
- Guest Blog: Hep B by Georgiana Lupescu
- Guest Blog: How to Work with Your Disability and Become a Musician
- Guest Blog: 10 Frustrating Things about Sight Loss by Amanda Gene
- Guest Blog: A Brief Guide to Music Streaming Services
- Guest Blog: 16 tips to keep in mind about grief and trauma
- Guest Blog: Living with Quadriplegic Athetoid Cerebral Palsy
- Guest Blog: Dyspraxia: daily life and travels
- Guest Blog: 6 Ways That We Can Help Improve Route Access for Disabled Users
These are some of the interview-style guest blog posts that I’ve created and featured in –
- RFD Question Time on Rock For Disability
- Twenty Questions on Wheelescapades
- The Reality Of… on Undercover Superhero
Become a guest blogger on Rock For Disability
I’m still eager to collaborate with even more bloggers. So, if you’re a lifestyle, disability and/or music blogger, send me your blog stories. Plus let me know if you’d like me to feature on your blog as a guest blogger.
I’m flexible with any type of blog posts; life story, disability awareness, music event, musician promotion – basically anything to do with life, disability or music!
Like Rock For Disability on Facebook, follow me on Twitter @P94Emma, follow me on Pinterest or use the Contact Form.
Thank you for visiting Rock For Disability! If you enjoy reading my blog content, please consider supporting me by donating money to help fund future blog posts. Plus 20% of each donation will go to a disability charity at the end of the year! ♿️🎸🎶🎵🤑😍❤️