Amanda Nelson is a disability and lifestyle blogger from Florida, USA and runs the blog Amanda Gene. Today I speak to Amanda Nelson as part of my RFD Question Time series.
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I started blogging in college as part of my grade. I loved it so much that I never stopped.
2. What advice would you give to other bloggers starting out?
My rules to becoming a better writer are as follows: Write your content, edit your content, read your content out loud, and repeat the process over and over again on each new post.
3. What is your disability and how does it affect you on a daily basis?
I I have low vision, mild Cerebral Palsy, and Dyslexia.
I use a screen reader to see my computer, a speech to text program to help me access print and to help me write content.
4. What do you love about being disabled?
5. If you were given a pill to cure your disability, would you take it and why?
No, because I love being able to inspire others.
6. What has been your favourite concert or festival you’ve attended?
I attended Rascal Flatts as a teenager. That was amazing.
7. If you were organising a music festival, which three acts would you book as your headliners?
Point of Grace, Casting Crowns and MercyMe.
8. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
England. I want to go and visit my friends that live there.
9. If you got stranded on a deserted island, what three things could you not live without?
Food, water, and my Bible.
10. What is your favourite film and why?
I do not have a favourite film.
11. Who would you like to play you in a movie of your life?
Good question. Let me get back to you on that.
12. What is your favourite book and why?
I am in a book club, so my favourite book changes.
13. If you were to write an autobiography, what would you call it?
Letter’s to Jesus and walking in his grace.
14. If you could go back in time, where would you go?
That is hard to answer. I would probably say to when my mom and my dog, Noodles was alive. I really miss them.
15. If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
Dog! Because they are cute and so loveable.
16. What is your worst habit?
Talking over people.
17. Are you an early bird or night owl?
Night owl. I tend to write my best work at night.
18. Which is your favourite season and why?
I love fall (autumn). The colours are so pretty.
19. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
It changed a lot. First, I wanted to be a doctor. Then a whale trainer at SeaWorld. Then I wanted to be a dancer. Then an Archaeologist.
20. What is your dream job?
To write, teach and travel the world.
You can also check out other RFD Question Time interviews.
If you would like to feature in my “RFD Question Time with…” series or publish an original guest post, please contact me.
Like Rock For Disability on Facebook, follow me on Twitter @P94Emma, follow me on Pinterest or use the Contact Form.
Thank you for visiting Rock For Disability! If you enjoy reading my blog content, please consider supporting me by donating money to help fund future blog posts. Plus 20% of each donation will go to a disability charity at the end of the year! ♿️🎸🎶🎵🤑😍❤️